May 23 2018, want to get 3 months of free hosting?
FREE Hosting Give Away! EXTENDED INTO 2018 likely to extend into 2019 more details http://secure.empire-hosting.net/announcements.php?id=21
May 23 2018, Managed Dedicated/VPS server clients.
- Great news CloudLinux/KernelCare has released"Extra" Patchset with the security fixes and the symlink protection available to all KernelCare customers running CentOS kernels. You can now get the Symlink Protection Patchset for CentOS 6 and 7 at no cost; even if you don’t have licenses for KernelCare. The KernelCare extra patchset includes symlink protection against a symlink race.
- A symlink race attack is often used against shared hosting servers. It allows a malicious user to serve files that belong to other users by creating a symbolic link to those files. It is often used to access config.php files that belong to other users.
- Over the next 2 weeks We will be installing the Free Patch set, removing the Apache based syslink protection (if enabled) on all Managed cPanel , DirectAdmin, & KernelCare Licensed Managed servers that are running 64 bit OS.
- Note: For CloudLinux OS users this patch has already been compiled in the kernel
- For Unmanaged clients see our knowledgebase “Install KernelCare extra patchset with a KernelCare License” & "Install KernelCare extra patchset with a without KernelCare License”.
Dec 31 2018, PHP 5.6 End of Life cPanel shared hosting servers only.
- On Dec 31 2018, PHP 5.6 will be end of life.
- Over the next 6 months we will be upgrading all of our shared hosting servers to default PHP to PHP 7.2.
- If you are currently using our default PHP 5.6 we will not change your PHP version we will keep you on php 5.6 if you wish to upgrade to a different version please use the PHP selector in cPanel.
June 1 2018, new VPS or OS reinstall only.
- We will be adding the KernelCare extra patchset to our OS templates to deploy automatically with new servers & operating system reinstalls on XEN & KVM servers.
- This includes CPanel CentOS 6/7 and DirectAdmin CentOS 6/7.
Wednesday, May 23, 2018