Jan 1, 2021 want to get 3 months of free hosting?
FREE Hosting Give Away! EXTENDED INTO 2021 likely to extend into 2019 more details https://secure.empire-hosting.net/link.php?id=6
Oct 17 2020, MariaDB 10.1 or Feb 5 2021, MySQL 5.6 will Be END OF LIFE.
- cPanel, L.L.C. will no longer provide support for systems running MariaDB 10.1 or MySQL 5.6 after they reach End of Life status. System administrators who do not upgrade their servers to newer supported versions of those databases are at risk of not receiving essential patches to security vulnerabilities and running into compatibility issues with other software components. In some instances, upgrading to the next higher cPanel version may not be possible.
- For all other panels & Plain Linux you may run the older Versions of MySQL Or MariaDB if you wish without issue but you are still at risk of not receiving essential patches to security vulnerabilities and running into compatibility issues with other software components.
- If you are currently running CentOS/CloudLinux 6 or earlier your Operating system has reached END OF LIFE.
- There will be no more security updates for CentOS/CloudLinux 6 it is highly suggested you upgrade your operating system to Centos7, cloud Linux 7, or Centos 8.
- If you are Running cPanel on CentOS 6/CloudLinux 6 your will receive security updates until March 31, 2021
Dec 9, 2020, CentOS Changing their scope “RIP” Centos
· For those of you who have been waiting for cPanel to Support Centos 8 Do not bother Centos 7 life cycle is longer.
· The Good News if you are all ready using Centos 8 CloudLinux is releasing its own open source Based off RedHat Enterprise in early 2021. It will have one command conversion for inbox OS switch.
cPanel users waiting for CloudLinux 8 it will be supported to EOL 2029 as CloudLinux is based of RedHat Linux not Centos.
Friday, December 18, 2020